Extra Curricular Activities
Our extra-curricular programme provides pupils with an array of activities to extend and develop their skills, knowledge and experience beyond the classroom. It requires commitment, the ability to manage time and priorities and so develops maturity, as well as being highly enjoyable. The majority of our extra-curricular timetable is offered to pupils free of charge as we believe this aspect of school life to be so important to the overall experience.
All pupils are expected to commit to at least one extra-curricular activity a week, though many do more and we encourage this. Typical clubs available before, during and after school are as follows:
|Prep||Lower Prep Choir||Dance||Hymn Practice||Ballet||Karate|
|Samba Band||Problem Solving||Upper Prep Choir||Art|
|Archery||Drama||Hockey||11+ Booster session|
|Problem Solving||Spanish||MAT Elocution|
|Music Club||Musical Theatre|
|Senior||Duke of Edinburgh||Duke of Edinburgh||Accelerated Reader||Maths Clinic||Accelerated Reader|
|KS3 Science Homework Club||Code Breakers||Chess||Orchestra||Duke of Edinburgh|
|Mindfulness||Scrabble||Rock Band & GCSE Catch-up||Mindfulness|
|Musical Theatre||Choir||Accelerated Reader||Cartoon Club|
|Art Club||Hockey Club (after Feb Half Term)|
|Football Club (after Feb Half Term)|
Summer Term 2019 Extra-curricular Programme
Please download the Summer Term 2019 Senior School Extra-curricular Programme below.
|Senior School Extra-curricular Clubs, Summer Term||View/Download|
As well as the scheduled extra-curricular sessions that run throughout a term or year, we incorporate:
- day trips, for example to the Houses of Parliament to enhance pupils’ understanding of democracy
- guest speakers, for example Loudmouth education-in-theatre company as part of pupils’ Personal, Social, Health and Economic (PSHE) education
- overseas trips, for example to CERN in Geneva, Switzerland, and Paris, France, to put classroom theory into practice
- excursions to Walsall Leather Museum, New Art Gallery, Black Country Living Museum and Severn Valley Railway to make use of the excellent and inspiring art and heritage facilities on our doorstep
- camping trips to Cannock Chase, an area of outstanding natural beauty, for outdoor adventures and team-building
- academic seminars at institutions including the University of Oxford and the University of Reading.
Senior School Intervention Programme
Our Senior School Intervention Programme offers additional classes and support for pupils in a range of academic subjects throughout the year. See below for the KS3 and KS4 Intervention Programme for the Summer Term.