Our extra-curricular programme provides pupils with an array of activities to extend and develop their skills, knowledge and experience beyond the classroom. It requires commitment, the ability to manage time and priorities and so develops maturity, as well as being highly enjoyable. The majority of our extra-curricular timetable is offered to pupils free of charge as we believe this aspect of school life to be so important to the overall experience.
All pupils are expected to commit to at least one extra-curricular activity a week, though many do more and we encourage this. Each term we offer a vast array of the clubs and activities that we have on offer for pupils to take part in.
Are they are a budding mathematician or scientist? Do they like to sing, play a musical instrument, dance or learn another language? Are they creative or sporty? Whatever their interest, we have a club to suit all interests.
Prep School Extra-Curricular programme: Autumn Term 2021
Take a look at this term’s Extra-Curricular Clubs booklet to find out more about the fantastic opportunities open to our Prep School pupils…
Senior School Extra-curricular programme: Autumn Term 2021
Check out our extra-curricular clubs available to Senior School pupils during the Autumn Term…
As well as the scheduled extra-curricular sessions that run throughout a term or year, we incorporate:
- day trips, for example to the Houses of Parliament to enhance pupils’ understanding of democracy
- guest speakers, for example Loudmouth education-in-theatre company as part of pupils’ Personal, Social, Health and Economic (PSHE) education
- overseas trips, for example to CERN in Geneva, Switzerland, and Paris, France, to put classroom theory into practice
- excursions to Walsall Leather Museum, New Art Gallery, Black Country Living Museum and Severn Valley Railway to make use of the excellent and inspiring art and heritage facilities on our doorstep
- camping trips to Cannock Chase, an area of outstanding natural beauty, for outdoor adventures and team-building
- academic seminars at institutions including the University of Oxford and the University of Reading.
Prep School Wrap-Around Club
Our Wrap-Around Clubs offer much-needed before and after school provision for working parents.
Open to Prep School pupils, our Before School Club begins at 7.30 am and runs until the start of the school day at 8.45 am.
After School Club runs from the end of the school day until 6.00 pm.
Our After School Club is split into two sections:
• Reception/Key Stage 1 are supervised in the Cedar Tree Room. Here they are supervised and enjoy playing games and doing set activities with our team.
• Key Stage 2 meet together for homework club in a separate classroom. Here they are supervised and in this quiet environment can get on with any homework that they have been assigned to complete.
The contact telephone number for Mrs Riley (who leads our After School Club) is: 07745022502
The booking and payment for Before or After School Club is made via our parent app, Cognita Connect which is available when your child joins us. Families are able to book their Before and After School Club sessions up to a half term in advance.
The cost of each session is:
|AM||7.30 am - 8.00 am||£1|
|AM||8.00 am - school start||£2|
|PM||End of school day - 4.00 pm||£2|
|PM||4.00 pm - 4.30 pm||£1|
|PM||4.30 pm - 5.00 pm||£2|
|PM||5.00 pm - 6.00 pm||£2|