Our extra-curricular programme provides pupils with an array of activities to extend and develop their skills, knowledge and experience beyond the classroom. It requires commitment, the ability to manage time and priorities and so develops maturity, as well as being highly enjoyable. The majority of our extra-curricular timetable is offered to pupils free of charge as we believe this aspect of school life to be so important to the overall experience.
All pupils are expected to commit to at least one extra-curricular activity a week, though many do more and we encourage this. Typical clubs available before, during and after school are as follows:
|Prep||Lower Prep Choir||Dance||Hymn Practice||Ballet||Karate|
|Samba Band||Problem Solving||Upper Prep Choir||Art|
|Archery||Drama||Hockey||11+ Booster session|
|Problem Solving||Spanish||MAT Elocution|
|Music Club||Musical Theatre|
|Senior||Duke of Edinburgh||Duke of Edinburgh||Accelerated Reader||Maths Clinic||Accelerated Reader|
|KS3 Science Homework Club||Code Breakers||Chess||Orchestra||Duke of Edinburgh|
|Mindfulness||Scrabble||Rock Band & GCSE Catch-up||Mindfulness|
|Musical Theatre||Choir||Accelerated Reader||Cartoon Club|
|Art Club||Hockey Club (after Feb Half Term)|
|Football Club (after Feb Half Term)|
As well as the scheduled extra-curricular sessions that run throughout a term or year, we incorporate:
- day trips, for example to the Houses of Parliament to enhance pupils’ understanding of democracy
- guest speakers, for example Loudmouth education-in-theatre company as part of pupils’ Personal, Social, Health and Economic (PSHE) education
- overseas trips, for example to CERN in Geneva, Switzerland, and Paris, France, to put classroom theory into practice
- excursions to Walsall Leather Museum, New Art Gallery, Black Country Living Museum and Severn Valley Railway to make use of the excellent and inspiring art and heritage facilities on our doorstep
- camping trips to Cannock Chase, an area of outstanding natural beauty, for outdoor adventures and team-building
- academic seminars at institutions including the University of Oxford and the University of Reading.
Prep School Wrap-Around Club
Our Wrap-Around Clubs offer much-needed before and after school provision for working parents.
Open to Prep School pupils, our Before School Club begins at 7.30 am and runs until the start of the school day at 8.45 am.
After School Club runs from the end of the school day until 6.00 pm.
Our After School Club is split into two sections:
• Reception/Key Stage 1 are supervised in the Cedar Tree Room. Here they are supervised and enjoy playing games and doing set activities with our team.
• Key Stage 2 meet together for homework club in a separate classroom. Here they are supervised and in this quiet environment can get on with any homework that they have been assigned to complete.
The booking and payment for Before or After School Club is made via our parent app, Cognita Connect which is available when your child joins us. Families are able to book their Before and After School Club sessions up to a half term in advance.
The cost of each session is:
|AM||7.30 am - 8.00 am||£1|
|AM||8.00 am - school start||£2|
|PM||End of school day - 4.00 pm||£2|
|PM||4.00 pm - 4.30 pm||£1|
|PM||4.30 pm - 5.00 pm||£2|
|PM||5.00 pm - 6.00 pm||£2|