We were visited by the Independent Schools Inspectorate (ISI) in November 2018 and School Inspection Service (SIS) in 2016. We are proud to share their findings with you here.
Independent Schools Inspectorate
The Independent Schools Inspectorate (ISI) visited Hydesville Tower School at the end of November 2018 to complete a Regulatory Compliance Inspection. This was a part of the standard suite of processes conducted by these authorities to ensure that all independent schools meet the necessary ‘standards’.
Hydesville Tower School was judged to successfully meet the standards in relation to:
- Quality of education provided
- Spiritual, moral, social and cultural development of pupils
- Welfare, health and safety of pupils
- Suitability of staff, supply staff and proprietors.
- Premises of and accommodation at schools
- Provision of information
- Manner in which complaints are handled
- Quality of leadership in and management of school
The full report can be downloaded here:
|ISI Report Nov 2018||View/Download|
School Inspection Service
The School Inspection Service (SIS) visited us in May 2016 and their evaluation of the school is detailed below.
In short they found that the school has made significant progress since the last inspection and that the leadership has instilled a culture of continuous improvement.
Hydesville Tower School provides a good education for its pupils….with most pupils achieving well above national expectations…There is a focus on high academic expectations with consistently good quality teaching. The curriculum is excellent and offers innovative enrichment and extra-curricular activities that support the education of the whole child. Pupils’ personal development is outstanding. Behaviour is exemplary….Leadership, management and governance are outstanding and highly effective in promoting the school’s progress and achievement. The effectiveness of the Early Years Foundation Stage is good with children acquiring firm foundations for their future education.
Other highlights from the report include:
- “The quality and effectiveness of leadership and management, including governance is outstanding.”
- “Pupils have excellent attitudes towards their learning. They engage well in lessons and are eager to respond.”
- “Teaching in the prep and senior school is consistently good with some of exceptional quality.”
- “The quality of the curriculum is excellent because a combination of a traditional curriculum delivered with an innovative enrichment programme and extensive extra-curricular provision gives outstanding opportunities to develop the whole child.”
- “Social development is exceptional.”
- “Provision for the safeguarding of pupils’ welfare, health and safety is outstanding.”
The full report can be viewed here.